CHANGE THE ECONOMY TO CHANGE THE WORLD
In the light of the present economic, social and environmental global challenges, there is an urgent need to act, and we must carry a global ambition and a collective response to this urgency.
More than ever, we must lead a new path which reconciles economic performance with social and environmental impact.
The organisations of the Social and Solidarity Economy are key to a new form of growth which is more inclusive and sustainable. They play a major role in accelerating this global transformation and offer innovative solutions anchored in the territories to respond to these societal stakes. They therefore contribute to the achievement of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
What is Pact for Impact?
The ambition of the PACT FOR IMPACT Alliance is to enlighten, inspire and accompany international, national and local public institutions that wish to recognize and support the development of SSE and the Inclusive Economy as a lever for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda, through a close dialogue with the ecosystem and through the sharing of expertise.
PACT FOR IMPACT’s purpose is based on 4 pillars:
- To promote models, solutions and innovations carried by SSE in response to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda and to measure their impact in order to show their effectiveness and sustainability in the long run;
- To exchange, develop and enhance expertise to facilitate the dissemination and scaling up of social innovations, as well as the transfer of knowledge and know-how for the development of public policies;
- To put the SSE at the core of concerns and of the international political agenda to ensure their recognition on a global scale, in connection with existing multilateral initiatives;
- To enlighten, encourage and support local, national and international public institutions to implement practical measures to foster the development of SSE in their territory(ies).
The Pact for Impact approach is based on:
- A gathering within a global coalition;
- Thematic programmes giving rise to commitment proposals adapted to a type of organisation (States, international institutions, government and local authorities, associations, cooperatives, committed companies, etc.);
- Regular events to measure the commitments made and their follow-up, and to encourage cooperation between the various actors.